Saturday 15 October 2011

‘I, who cannot see, find hundreds of things to interest me through mere touch. I feel the delicate symmetry of a leaf. I pass my hands lovingly about the smooth skin of a silver birch, or the rough shaggy bark of a pine…. I feel the delightful, velvety texture of a flower, and discover its remarkable convolutions; and something of the miracle… is revealed to me. Occasionally, if I am very fortunate, I place my hand gently on a small tree and feel the happy quiver of a bird in full song…. At times my heart cries out with longing to see these things. If I can get so much pleasure from mere touch, how much more beauty must be revealed by sight. Yet, those who have eyes apparently see little. The panorama of color and action which fills the world is taken for granted…. It is a great pity that, in the world of light, the gift of sight is used only as a mere convenience rather than as a means of — adding fullness to life.” ~Helen Keller

I wish this was "home" ...... about 1 hour towards the Malawi border from Tete.........reminds me so of Chipinge........

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words and beautiful images ... We must learn to appreciate such beauty!
    Have a good Sunday.
    kiss.

    ReplyDelete